Amtrak announced the launch of an updated v. 4.0 of its mobile app, which includes enhancements to its mobile booking, rewards redemption, trip monitoring and ability to change existing reservations.
“Every minute counts for our riders, and the improvements Amtrak made to the app will improve our customers experience while providing easy access to important travel information and station amenities,” Richard Anderson, president and CEO of Amtrak, said in a company release.
Among the enhancements to the mobile app:
- Customers can save up to three credit cards in the Amtrak Guest Rewards profile for faster checkout.
- Customers can redeem Amtrak Guest Rewards through the app and book travel.
- Users can change rewards profile information, such as contact information, payment card information, coupons and vouchers directly in the app.
- Customers can pay for parking directly through the app after their rail tickets are confirmed.
- Customers can book Auto Train service, which runs between Washington D.C. and Orlando, Florida, directly through the app.
Cover image courtesy of Amtrak.